7 Things You Wish You Didn’t (Or Did) Know About Me – Meme #2
Micah says, “paybacks a bitch,” as he gleefully re-tagged me in the “7 Things You Wish You Didn’t (Or Did) Know About Me” meme. This one works like this:
- Link to your original tagger(s) and list these rules in your post.
- Share seven facts about yourself in the post.
- Tag seven people at the end of your post by leaving their names and the links to their blogs.
- Let them know they’ve been tagged
Is is just me or do meme’s sort of seem like a middle school chain letter? Oh well, here it goes:
1. The language I took in high school is Sanskrit-संस्कृता वाक् an ancient Indian language similar to Hindu. I can read the Bhagavad-Gita cover to cover and yes, can read all those cryptic looking Sanskrit tattoos people rock (do they really know their meaning?)
2. I hate mint. I really do and just don’t like any form of it.
3. I lived and worked in Costa Rica with sea turtles on a beach in the summer of 2005. The village beach in Ostional is one of the 8 beaches in the world where the ‘arribada’ (arrival in Spanish) occurs: female Olive Ridley sea turtles lay their eggs in masses, with each moon cycle.
4. I have an extensive background in horseback riding and for over ten years I competed in three-day eventing (i.e. reference Christopher Reeves harrowing fall). I owned a thoroughbred, taught riding and veterinarian lessons, and traveled around the Midwest competing.
5. You don’t know me at all if you don’t know that I’m 75% Italian (Calabrese/Sicilian) and 25% Irish (Boyle=last name). A quiet one who doesn’t like to eat or drink, with a side sarcasm.
6. I’ve been meditating (Transcendental Meditation) since I was five, a simple way to release stress. I attended an alternative school where we meditated and practiced yoga before and after school, while in between it was a regular college prepatory school. Hence, the Sanskrit (#1). Other practitioners of Transcendental Meditation: The Beatles, David Lynch, Goldie Hawn. Curious? Check this out.
7. Queen-Under Pressure is one of my favorite songs of all time. Doo Doo Doo Doo Do Do Do …
Now my seven people to tag. Your mission if you choose to accept it:
@fullyadam- What a good sport Fully is, plus he’s one of my favorite people on the web (& in life)
@JMalan- Emerging into the tech scene with valor especially as my co-worker @ Lijit.
@daveraffaele- A new Twitterati friend and ‘social media supporter’
@jshuey- A fellow Biz. Dev practitioner with a pension for tech
@rickbutts- ‘International troublemaker’
@GlobalPatriot- With support for social justice and global consciousness, why not connect the dots?
@joegreenz- Spurs of thoughts a’ plenty
@converstations- A fellow Iowan and “Social Mediatician.”