Friday Linky Love + 5 Things You May Not Know About Me
1) The language I learned and studied throughout middle and high school was Sanskrit. Yes, as in the ancient Vedic language from India that far too many people get tattoos of but have no idea what it means (on that note, I do have a tattoo in Sanskrit but I can read and write it so shhh). Subsequently, I can also read Hindi. How’s that for an icebreaker? More here and why.
2) Not only are my hands small, but I’m 5’1″. I’m a shorty.
3) I’m a music feign. I save all my concert stub tickets and have hundreds in a music “scrapbook.” How geeky is that? I just don’t talk about it that much. I probably average a concert/live music 2-3 times a month (especially as summer rolls around, hello Red Rocks). I rarely turn down an invite to a concert (if I haven’t already planned on going). I heart hip hop, to electronic, to alternative, to funk, to rock. Try me.
4) I once lived on a sailboat in Greece for a short period of time and sailed around the Greek isles as part of the crew.
5) I’ve never overdrawn my bank account. I might be impatient, unruly, spontaneous and take trips often, but I know how to manage my money – regardless of where I am financially.
Enough about me. Here are some favorites this week – I love brilliant minds.
- Derek Shanahan: Generation BlahBlah
- Cleavage: It is okay NOT to teach people how to treat you. Unless they were raised by wolves. Then Cold Play or a quick exit is in order. Your call.
- 37 Signals: People who agree with you should drive you nuts
- Samantha McCain: Money talks…but do you know the language?
- The Spinks Blog: How Long Until Truthful Information Becomes Worthless?