I looked back in my e-mail archive to find the first e-mail interaction Miss Jenny Blake and I had.
The first e-mail was in 2009 (even though I’ve known her since 2008). I e-mailed and privately shared with her, my own personal life list inserted into her life checklist template. Since the early days Jenny has been a coach, a friend and an inspiration who created templates to help propel your lifelong goals and dreams.
Today, I couldn’t be happier to tell you about one of Jenny’s lifelong dreams that has become a reality, her first book: Life After College: The Complete Guide to Getting What You Want. Note: Book is out TODAY, March 29th!
In Life After College Twitter meets What Color is Your Parachute for 20-somethings: it is not a narrative, but rather hundreds of nuggests of useful information. Canotte NCAA Written by popular blogger and life coach Jenny Blake, Life After College provides tips, inspirational quotes and coaching exercises for every area of life including: Work, Money, Home, Organization, Friends & Family, Dating & Relationships, Health, Fun & Relaxation, and Personal Growth. The book is like having a portable life coach by your side — it is a “one stop shop” that is part journal, part motivator, and part guidebook. kanken baratas Life After College is a powerful life-planning tool that no twenty-something will want to be without!
As I thumbed through the beautiful, bright book and dove into each chapter I sighed and thought, “I really wish I had this book when I graduated college.” [Side Note: I think college’s should start including this book as reading material for students and soon-to-be graduates, thus folded into course requirements.]
It’s like a compass, helping you navigating the unknown, challenging terrain and just like Jenny, the book is real. Nike Pas Cher There’s no fluff.
However, in my mid-twenties, I can still find the book useful which is where I think Jenny truly appeals to a large generation of men and women. You may be 21 or 30, but LAC speaks to everyone about making mistakes, job hopping, looking for jobs, finding yourself, relationships and learning what life after college is really about.
Here are a few reasons I love this book:
- Jenny breaks it down. I read a lot of “self-help,” books (let’s not forget, my mom is a personal coach) and I can’t quite stomach all the information. nike air max 2016 donna It seems repetitive and long-winded. This book is inspirational without pushing. It’s the kind of book you can read from start to finish, read over time, or just pick up a chapter in random order.
- It’s a workbook! You can make it your own. Currently, my book has notes in the margin, underlines, pages folded down (with love) and I’ve answered the prompts she asks in each chapter.
- The book covers the most important life points and she has others weigh in. scarpe asics pallavolo blu The pieces in the book are: Jenny’s Tips, Advice from College Graduates, Coaching Exercises, Deep Dives, Notable Quotes, Two Cents from Twitter and Recommended Reading. I love the mixture and how Jenny has outsourced to her friends, mentors, scholars, graduates, professors and even yours truly! I wrote a page on volunteering and the important role it can play in your life after college!
- The book is timeless. New England Patriots Jerseys This advice will forever be pertinent, relatable and honest.
- Jenny speaks to you, not at or down to you. This is a key distinction in her voice that she carries throughout the entire book. Mochilas Kanken Big You feel like you’re cuddled up by a fire, having hot cocoa with her, sharing your fears and dreams, laughing, agreeing and learning. Not many books can do that, but Life After College can.
Jenny is an inspiration, she works at Google as a Career Development Program Manager and internal coach, she has an incredible blog, she’s yoga-certified, she’s now an author, she’s thoughtful and she’s brilliant! The words that come to mind: rockstar, inspiration, genuine and super woman.
You know what makes her truly great though? She’s honest, makes mistakes and doesn’t pretend to be perfect. Nike Air Max 2016 Dames wit She is human and real – that is why she is such a role model.
You can find the book on Amazon here. Buy it, it’s worth it.
Air Jordan 13 Homme
Learn more about the book: http://www.lacbook.com
Finally, since I excitedly pre-ordered her book (and she kindly sent me one in advance) I want to give away this incredible book to one lucky winner.